Date: 14th April 2011
Time: After CST lesson
Duration of Test: 45mins
Paper: 2Questions, 10 marks each. This paper is 20% of the SA marks.
*Points to note: You are required to sketch and label the mechanism used to solve the scenario in each question. Label your sketches and explain in details how the mechanism works.
1. Gears: Rotations, increasing/ decreasing speed or force.
2. Cam: How it is used to move object/ part of the object up and down. Possible for it to combine with another mechanism to create reciprocating movement?
3. linkage: Opening and closing an object. Creating specific movement by combining with other mechanism.
4. Pulley: lifting of load using compound pulley. possible to use it for transportation of load from point A to Point B?
5. Levers: Different classes of lever and its applications.
* All materials are loaded in the submit folder, Material. You can use these material or the following links for your revision.
How things work
Good luck for your coming test.